NFA Prepares to Celebrate Spirit Week

Will Take Place From October 24 through October 28

Julia Canessa, NFA Red & White Reporter

Spirit Week is about having fun and being together as a whole school. Spirit is a week where people get to dress up and can enjoy themselves and their time at school. For the fall season, Spirit Week will take place Oct.24-28, leading up to NFA’s annual Homecoming celebration. NFA History teacher Marisa Seng is a key part in the process of planning events for Spirit Week.

Seng said that those who work with the Student Advisory Board (SAB), which plans Spirit Week, enjoy participating in Spirit Week with students because it helps kids participate and learn to like spirit week and school more. The incoming freshmen this year were excited for “Anything But a Backpack” day, but Seng said that, unfortunately, “Anything But a Backpack” day isn’t happening anymore because some students brought unacceptable replacements for their backpack last year, including younger siblings or pets from home. One thing Seng is hoping for this year is greater participation among all the students. 

The daily themes of Spirit Week are:

Monday 10/24 – Team Day: wear something to show support for your favorite team
Tuesday 10/25 – country western day
Wednesday 10/26 – “Pink Out” to support breast cancer awareness (and the blood drive)
Thursday 10/27 – Celebrating Cultures: wear something to celebrate your heritage, or America)
Friday 10/28 – Red and White Day: show school spirit by wearing your NFA gear.

Spirit Week will conclude with a Friday afternoon Pep Rally, and a performance by the NFA Jazz Pom Dance Team.